The new Signature Series program is your chance to build an Advantage2 keyboard just the way you’ve always wanted it. Choose from the above options and order online, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask about additional customization options and limited edition components.
Since they are hand-built, Signature Series keyboards are not returnable and can take up to 5 business days to ship. If this is your first Advantage, we recommend starting with one of our basic models before upgrading to the Signature Series.
As the market leader in computer ergonomics, Kinesis has been designing and building premium-grade ergonomic keyboards for more than 25 years. The new Advantage2 features our patented Contoured keyboardTM design and low-force mechanical key switches to address the major risk factors associated with keyboarding for maximum comfort. With the all-new SmartSetTM Programming Engine, Advantage2 features powerful programming tools designed to let you customize the keyboard to boost your productivity.
- Concave keywells are scooped into a bowl shape to reduce hand and finger extension and relax muscles.
- Separating the keywells positions the arms at shoulder-width to keep wrists straight and perpendicular to the home row to reduce abduction and ulnar deviation.
- The keys are arranged in vertical columns (rather than staggered) to better reflect the natural motion of your fingers.
- The two keywells are “tented” at an optimal 20 degree angle moderately raising the thumb side of the hand. Tenting puts you in a more neutral, “handshake” posture and reduces the stresses caused by forearm pronation.
- The integrated palm supports reduce stressful bending of the wrists and provide a convenient place to rest your hands when you are not actively typing. Self-adhesive, cushioned palm pads (included) can be attached for maximum comfort.
- The thumb clusters include frequently-used keys such as Enter, Space, Backspace, and Delete to redistribute the workload away from your relatively weaker and overused little fingers to stronger thumbs.
- The Advantage2 may look big, but it actually has a smaller footprint than most keyboards because we eliminated the numeric 10-key so you can place the mouse closer to your body, reducing painful “over-reach”.
Mechanical Key Switches
The Advantage2 features premium Cherry MX mechanical switches available in your choice of MX Brown (low-force, tactile), Cherry MX Red (low-force, linear feel), and Cherry MX Quiet Red (low-force, linear feel, and quiet).