Kinesis has partnered with Upgrade Keyboards to take the Signature Series program to an entirely new level. Upgrade Keyboard will hand-build an Advantage2 keyboard just the way you’ve always wanted it. Choose from their unmatched catalog of mechanical of switch options (e.g., clicky, linear, tactile, low-force, high-force), pick your keycaps (QWERTY, Dvorak, Blank) and choose your top case, and then add any extras like sound modifications..
Switch Brands: Cherry, Kailh, Novel Keys, Durock, Zeal, Gateron, Aflion, JWICK and many more
As the market leader in computer ergonomics, Kinesis has been designing and building premium-grade ergonomic keyboards for more than 25 years. The Advantage2 features our patented Contoured keyboardTM design and low-force mechanical key switches to address the major risk factors associated with keyboarding for maximum comfort. With the all-new SmartSetTM Programming Engine, Advantage2 features powerful programming tools designed to let you customize the keyboard to boost your productivity.
- Concave keywells are scooped into a bowl shape to reduce hand and finger extension and relax muscles.
- Separating the keywells positions the arms at shoulder-width to keep wrists straight and perpendicular to the home row to reduce abduction and ulnar deviation.
- The keys are arranged in vertical columns (rather than staggered) to better reflect the natural motion of your fingers.
- The two keywells are “tented” at an optimal 20 degree angle moderately raising the thumb side of the hand. Tenting puts you in a more neutral, “handshake” posture and reduces the stresses caused by forearm pronation.
- The integrated palm supports reduce stressful bending of the wrists and provide a convenient place to rest your hands when you are not actively typing. Self-adhesive, cushioned palm pads (included) can be attached for maximum comfort.
- The thumb clusters include frequently-used keys such as Enter, Space, Backspace, and Delete to redistribute the workload away from your relatively weaker and overused little fingers to stronger thumbs.
- The Advantage2 may look big, but it actually has a smaller footprint than most keyboards because we eliminated the numeric 10-key so you can place the mouse closer to your body, reducing painful “over-reach”.